Mon Voyage strongly recommends travel insurance for all trips, particularly longer or more expensive trips as well as trips that are being planned well into the future.
- If you have to cancel your trip for a covered reason, travel insurance may reimburse you for your prepaid, non-refundable trip costs.
- If you experience a covered medical emergency, travel insurance may help ensure you get high-quality care and reimburse you for covered medical costs.
- If you have a covered travel delay, travel insurance may reimburse you for necessary, eligible expenses like hotels and meals.
- If you face an unexpected crisis, travel insurance may gives you access to 24-hour expert help and advice.
- A "Cancel for Any Reason" policy may cover most of your loss in the case of cancellation due to other reasons not covered in a standard policy.
SquareMouth is a terrific resource for travel insurance shopping AND purchase, offering poicies from over 30 providers. Prices are exactly the same as purchasing directly from a provider, and allow you to compare offerings across many different companies at the same time. Simply use the filters to narrow down the policies that provide the kinds of coverage that are most important to you, and then purchase the policy that's right for you. I have relied on SquareMouth's consumer-friendly process for over ten years to purchase travel insurance for myself. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions.